Samburu and Masai Mara 7 Days
Samburu and Masai Mara Safari Experience
Spend a short week on a luxury Kenya safari in Samburu and Masai Mara for an unforgettable look into the landscapes and the people of Kenya. Track black rhino on foot, interact with the semi-nomadic Samburu tribe and learn about local Maasai traditions and culture.
During your luxury Kenya safari, see herds of elephant, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and desert dwelling animals such as the Gerenuk and Beisa oryx while on guided game drives. Witness the wildebeest and zebra migration numbering in their millions, moving in search of fresh water and grazing. Delight in the wide-open sky and space of the plains while on a walking safari with a Maasai warrior during your luxury Kenya safari.
Samburu and Masai Mara Safari Highlights
- Experience game drives, bush walks, night game drives, bush meals & sundowners
- Meet and interact with Samburu and Maasai warriors
- Stay in the only lodge, in the Kalama Conservancy, with 200,000 acres of unspoilt wilderness to explore exclusively, teeming with game
- Sit at the photographic hide, that is buried underground overlooking an active waterhole
- Stay in the Mara North Conservancy, an exclusive, private wildlife concession, which borders the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Enjoy traversing the Masai Mara area, famous for the great migration of wildebeest and zebra
Year round regular sightings of large predators
Day 1: Fly to Samburu
From Wilson Airport, catch a scheduled flight to Samburu, in Northern Kenya. On arrival at the bush airstrip, a lodge representative will be there and drive you to your safari lodge in the Samburu National Reserve.
This will become your home for the next three nights. Enjoy excellent game viewing, spotting herds of elephant and desert adapted animals such as gerenuk and Beisa oryx.
Day 2 – 3: Samburu Warriors
Spend the next few days on your Samburu safari exploring Kenya’s remote and rugged north and see reticulated giraffe and Grevy’s zebra.
Besides game drives, one of the best ways to experience Africa is on foot, so set out on guided walks with a local Samburu warrior and see some of the areas many species of birds.
With over 450 bird species recorded here, it is a bird lover’s paradise. The guides will teach you about the plants and about their uses as well as how to track animals.
During your stay, you can also visit a Samburu village and see first-hand how the colourful Samburu people have adapted to this dry and fascinating land.
Day 4: Travel to the Masai MaraView
Today after a morning game drive and breakfast, you will be driven to the airstrip for a scheduled flight to the iconic Masai Mara.
Upon landing, you’ll be met by a lodge representative and taken to your Masai Mara safari lodge, which is located in the heart of a private conservancy.
After freshening up and lunch, explore the open plains of the Masai Mara, famed for its many predators and the wildebeest and zebra migration.
Day 5 – 6: Interact with the Maasai Warriors
Discover how vast the African savannahs are while on game drives watching teeming herds and their predators. The Masai Mara has one of the highest
densities of lions in the whole of Africa, cheetah and leopard are also present.
The game drives are led by experienced guides who will ensure that you have a memorable Kenya safari. Enjoy a night drive in the conservancy, spotting those elusive nocturnal animals. Unwind with a starlit dinner under the vast African sky, surrounded by the sights and sounds of the African bush.
Day 7: Fly from Masai Mara to Nairobi
On the final day of your Samburu and Masai Mara Safari, there will be time for one last early morning game drive before you leave your Masai Mara safari lodge behind. Head for the airstrip to board your scheduled flight to Nairobi. Here your Kenya safari ends, and you continue with your onwards travel arrangements.
Speak to one of our Destination Consultants should you need accommodation in Nairobi for the night or would like to extend your Kenya safari with a few days in the Serengeti or maybe on the beach on Zanzibar Island.
- Return flights from Wilson Airport to Samburu and Masai Mara
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 6 nights’ accommodation in luxury safari lodges in the Masai Mara and Samburu
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers,non-luxury spirits and house wines
- Shared game drives, night game drives, guided bush walks accompanied by experienced guides
- Bush meals, sundowners and picnic excursions
- Cultural visits
- Laundry service
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Champagne, premium spirits and standard cellar wines
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct