WILDEBEEST CALVING SEASON
wildebeest migration safari calving season, Experience the first steps of one of nature’s most grueling and fascinating journeys as you witness the calving season. Calving season marks the beginning of this movement that sees millions of animals make the difficult journey from the southern Serengeti to the distant Maasai Mara.
On your four-day wildebeest migration safari calving season you’ll visit Lake Manyara National Park, travel to the southern Serengeti to see the calving region of Ndutu, and finish your tour with a visit to the stunning Ngorongoro Conservation Area, still we are discovering wildebeest migration safari calving season
If your timing is right, you might even get to see the first steps of this vast herd’s northward movement.
Scheduled safari: Wildlife Migration Calving Season
Min. number to guarantee tour: 2
Max number of participants: 6 per vehicle (window seat guaranteed)
Departure day: Any day of your choice
Price per person: 1,280 USD
Single Supplement: 220 USD
DAY 1 – ARUSHA – LAKE MANYARA
You’ll depart from Arusha after breakfast for the drive to Lake Manyara National Park. The journey takes approximately two hours, but we’ll pass through the market town of Mto Wa Mbu along the way. This agricultural and fresh produce market is a melting pot of local cultures and a souvenir hunter’s paradise.
After a brief stop at the village market, you’ll enter Lake Manyara National Park. The park is truly a photographer’s playground and offers some of the best game viewing in the world. You can expect to see many of Africa’s most well-known animals, with the tree-climbing lions a particular treat. These proud predators lounge in acacia trees practically begging to be photographed.
Bird-watchers will find Lake Manyara is an absolute delight, with a huge variety of birds on display in the park. Even the novice can expect to be amazed by large flamingo flocks, circling birds of prey, and the brightly colored lilac breasted roller.
You’ll then retire to your chosen accommodation for dinner and a good night’s rest.
ACCOMMODATION: Marera Valley Lodge
MEALS PLAN: Lunch, Dinner
DAY 2 – LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK – SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK (SERONERA REGION)
We’ll take an early breakfast, as we’ve got a big day of exploration and adventure ahead of us!
We’ll begin the day with the scenic drive towards the Serengeti. Along the way, we’ll pass through the mist-shrouded rainforests of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area where you might be lucky enough to glimpse cape buffalo, baboons, or even elephants and leopards in the dense undergrowth.
It’s a nearly four-hour drive to the Serengeti park gates, but you can choose to break up the drive with one or both of the below optional activities:
- Oldupai Gorge Museum: Sometimes known as the Cradle of Mankind, the Oldupai Gorge Museum commemorates some of the oldest evidence of human habitation ever found. Here you can see some of the oldest fossil evidence in the world of human habitation, visit the Oldupai Gorge Museum to learn more about the human journey, and take in the stunning views of this stark gorge country.
- Maasai boma visit: Pay a visit to one of the famous Maasai bomas, where you’ll have the opportunity to witness (and participate in) traditional Maasai dance, tour an authentic Maasai village, and even do a little souvenir shopping at the local market.
Both of the above activities attract an additional cost. Speak with your safari expert about adding them to your itinerary.
After a delicious lunch at the Serengeti National Park picnic area, it’s time to explore the Serengeti itself. Witness Africa’s iconic savannah landscape and be amazed by the sheer number of animals that roam these grassy plains.
Dinner and overnight in the heart of the Serengeti National Park according to the standard and the type of accommodation requested from our options.
ACCOMMODATION: Thorne Tree Tented Camp
MEALS PLAN: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 3 – CENTRAL SERENGETI – NDUTU REGION
You’ll be up before dawn so that we can enjoy a sunrise game drive across the Serengeti. See the sun set fire to the savannah as carnivores such as cheetahs and lions in action while it is still cool enough for them to hunt.
After your sunrise game drive, you’ll return to your lodge for breakfast before taking a picnic lunch and heading down into the Ndutu region of the Serengeti/Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
You’ll enjoy a day long game drive through the region, taking in the shores of both Lake Ndutu and Lake Masek as well as the surrounding land where tens of thousands of young wildebeest take their first steps.
After your day long exploration of Ndutu, you’ll overnight in the region.
ACCOMMODATION: Chaka Tented Camp
MEALS PLAN: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 4 – NDUTU REGION – NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA – ARUSHA
After breakfast, you’ll depart for Ngorongoro Crater; considered by some to be the Eighth Wonder of the World. When you get your first glimpse of this vast, verdant caldera from the panoramic viewpoint, you’ll soon understand why it has earned such a lofty reputation.
Home to over 120 species of mammal including the fabled Big Five, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area is one of the most sought after safari destinations in the world. It’s a particularly good place to see the endangered black rhinoceros enjoying a lonely meal out on the grass plains, as well as a place to see large numbers of hippopotamus enjoying the cool water.
From the comfort of your open-top vehicle, you’ll be able to observe and photograph some of Africa’s most recognisable faces. The crater is home to a large number of predators including lions, leopards, cheetahs, jackals, and hyenas, as well as a large population of wildebeest, zebras, antelope, cape buffalo, and more. It is truly one of Africa’s premier safari destinations.
After the thrills and excitement of the day, you will have a picnic lunch by the park’s famous hippo pool before returning to Arusha to overnight.
MEALS PLAN: Breakfast, Lunch
- All meals on the safari. When staying at lodges it will be on full board basis and when budget camping then our accompanying chef will prepare delicious warm meals.
- All Park entrance fees & taxes.
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars.
- Camping equipment if applicable (tents mattresses sleeping bags pillows table and chairs)
- Flying Doctors rescue insurance for the time of the tour with Shadows of Africa.
- Game safari to national parks as specified
- Hotel/lodge/camp accommodation for the duration of the safari.
- Private 4×4 wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch and sliding windows for 360 degree view of the wildlife surrounding you
- First aid kit – Every safari vehicle comes standard with a fully stocked first aid kit. Our guides are all trained in providing basic first aid.
- Spare tires – for any unforeseen issues that may arise on bumpy African outback
- Charging station – Each car includes a charging station so you can charge your phone, camera battery, or laptop while on the road.
- WIFI – Our Tanzanian vehicles come standard with WiFi so that you can stay connected while on the road.
- Tea & Coffee – Every safari departs with a box including coffee and tea that can be enjoyed at any point during your safari.
- Binoculars – 1 pair per car
- Professional English speaking safari and tour guide / driver
- Water and hot drink (coffee and tea) during safari.
- Wildlife tours according to your itinerary preferences.
- All game viewing activities specified Safari
- Any sightseeing excursions and optional activities other than those specified
- Entry visas
- International flights
- Please read our Terms and Conditions
- Tips and gratuities to safari crew – recommended: 15-20 USD per day to safari driver
- 10 – 15 USD per day to safari cook
- Travel insurance
Tour Code: BR06CALVING
Tour Duration:4 days 3 nights Safari
Group Size: 1 person and above
Special Category: Lodge Safari/Tented Camp
Season: All Year Around
We consider last minutes booking basically for camping